Accreditation is the act of certifying that an educational institution maintains suitable standards; the granting of approval to an institution of learning by an official review board after the school has met certain requirements. Specifically, accreditation is the review of a school's course offerings and procedures by a group of its peers to certify that that school is meeting its own stated objectives and offering its students the education it promises them.
The National Bible College Association is not recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Accreditation is “a review by your peers” that ensures that you are offering a quality program. The U.S. Department of Education is not a peer of Christian Leadership University.
Government-recognized accreditation is not necessary for the religious vocations we are training people in, which include: Biblical Studies, Christian Arts, Christian Counseling, Christian Entrepreneurship, Christian Leadership, Divine Healing, Divinity, Intercessory Prayer, Ministry, Missions and Evangelism, Pastoral Ministry, Prophetic Ministry, Theology, Worship Ministry, and Youth Ministry. People can function and hold jobs in all of these professions without government-recognized accreditation.
Individuals seeking employment in government-licensed positions such as public school teachers, state-licensed psychologists or psychiatrists, and non-church-related counselors definitely need government-recognized accredited degrees. Generally, people working in ministry positions do not need a government-accredited degree. In fact, a number of churches take a stand against the Church voluntarily placing itself under government regulations.
National Bible College Association
The National Bible College Association holds to the standard tenants of the Christian faith. We require that all member institutions of higher learning subscribe to and accept the following:
- There is one and only one, true, holy and living God; Father, Son and Holy Ghost
- The absolute deity of the Lord Jesus Christ; His virgin birth, death and resurrection from the dead; and His ultimate and eminent return
- Man is a created being, separated from God by voluntary transgression
- Salvation is provided wholly by grace through faith in the crucified, dead, buried and resurrected Lord and Savior Jesus Christ
- The Holy Bible is God's revelation to man, containing all things necessary for salvation
- The person and work of the Holy Spirit